We are a congregation of believers in God as seen through Jesus Christ, of diverse backgrounds and opinions, dedicated to nurturing each other in our faith, helping each other grow spiritually, and welcoming all who join us. We proclaim the Gospel of Christ in word and deed and share His spirit in our church family, our community, and the world.
We believe communion of the Lord’s Supper should be offered whenever Christians gather for worship. All are invited who accept Jesus Christ as Lord.
Though we teach, preach and practice immersion baptism for those old enough to proclaim Christ as Lord, we accept persons from other denominations without requiring rebaptism.
We are committed to praise and worship; to the spiritual growth of all ages and groups; to joyful Christian fellowship; and to serving our community and the world in the name of Christ.
LENT AND EASTER AT FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH
Lent, a season when we prepare to observe the death and resurrection of Jesus the Christ, begins on February 18th. Activities during Lent and Easter will include:
- A light supper in the Opportunity Classroom, followed by a short service of imposition of ashes in the sanctuary on Ash Wednesday, February 18th at 6:00 p.m.
- A special service of music on Palm Sunday, March 29th at 11:00 a.m. in the church sanctuary.
- A service of tenebrae and communion on Maundy Thursday, April 2nd at 6:00 p.m. in the church sanctuary.
- A Day of Service on Good Friday, April 3rd. We will once again prepare a noon meal and an afternoon tea for Hospice. We will also be collecting items that Senior Services needs for its elderly clients.
- A Prayer Vigil on Good Friday, April 3rd.
- A Service of Remembrance in the Memory Garden at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, April 4th.
- A Blessing of the Animals at 10:00 a.m. on the church lawn on Saturday, April 4th, followed by an Easter Egg Hunt.
- Three services of worship on Easter Sunday, April 5th. The first is a sunrise service at 6:30 a.m. in the Memory Garden. The second service is at 9:00 a.m. in Taylor Fellowship Hall. The third service will be at 11:00 a.m. in the church sanctuary.
We hope that you will be able to join us for as many of these services, observances and activities as you are able, and that you will find them meaningful.