We are a caring Christian community ministering to the emotional and spiritual needs of families and individuals. Our ministry flows from our belief that Jesus is the Christ, the son of the living God, the Lord and Savior of the world. Proclaiming that message is the focal point of all that we do.
We believe communion of the Lord’s Supper should be offered whenever Christians gather for worship. All are invited who accept Jesus Christ as Lord.
Though we teach, preach and practice immersion baptism for those old enough to proclaim Christ as Lord, we accept persons from other denominations without requiring rebaptism.
ADVENT EVENTS COMING UP
We are celebrating Advent and Christmas in a number of ways at First Christian Church. You are invited to join us in any and all of these observances!
- We will celebrate the beginning of Advent on Sunday, November 30th with a “Hanging of the Green” service at 5:00 p.m. in the church sanctuary. We will decorate the sanctuary for Christmas, learn the symbolism and meaning of the decorations, and sing Christmas carols. The service will be followed by a time of fellowship in Taylor Fellowship Hall with cider and cookies.
- On Sunday, December 14th, the choir will present its Christmas Cantata in the 11:00 a.m. service. Later that evening, at 6:00 p.m., there will be a Christmas Party in Taylor Fellowship Hall, where the Youth will present their annual Christmas Pageant. This year’s Pageant is entitled “A Primetime Christmas.”
- On Sunday, December 21st, we will observe Blue Christmas at 5:00 p.m. in Taylor Fellowship Hall. This service, while acknowledging that this season is not the “happiest season of all” for everyone, affirms that the coming of Jesus the Christ is a reason for hope and joy.
- We will observe Christmas Eve twice on December 24th. The first service, geared toward children, “Meeting the Christ Child”, is the culmination of the Advent cycle of Children Worship and Wonder. We sing carols, hear and see the Christmas story and have a feast of gingerbread and cider. This service is at 5:00 p.m. in Taylor Fellowship Hall.
- The second Christmas Eve service will be a Candlelight Communion at 11:00 p.m. in the church sanctuary.