We are just a few weeks out from Vacation Bible School (8/5-8/9)!! Our theme this year is “Roar! Life is Wild. God is good.” We’re super excited for this opportunity to teach around 60 kids that God is good in every situation.
To make this a success, we need your help! VBS is August 5-9 (M-F) from 9-11:30am each morning. We’ve got several places that you can help out (listed below). When you see something you’d like to be involved with, you can email Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteer for VBS!!!!!!
- 1 Wild Bible Adventures Co-leader: you will read the Bible passage for that day with another volunteer to groups of 10-12 kids. You will then facilitate discussion around the Bible point of that day (all passages, points, and question prompts will be provided). This position will require loud speaking and some standing/walking.
- 1 Snack Provider: you will provide pre-chosen snack materials for the week that the kids will assemble and serve. You will coordinate with one other snack provider on what to bring which day. This position does not require you to serve the snacks (but you’re welcome to help if you want!).
- 6 Crew Leaders: you will lead a group of 10-12 multi-age kids to each station of VBS. You will facilitate discussion with your crew at the beginning and end of each VBS day. You will be the Crew Leader but you will have a volunteer helper. This position requires lots of walking, movement, and energy.
- 3 Imagination Station Leaders: you will lead groups of 10-12 kids in a craft activity that corresponds with the Bible point of that day. All materials are provided and the crafts are very easy to understand! This position requires walking, bending, sitting on the ground, and upbeat energy.
- 2 Recreation Leaders: you will lead kids in a sports activity/dance/song/game that corresponds with the Bible point of that day. You will hype the kids up and get them excited about VBS! This position requires a lot of walking, movement, and energy.
- Of course, much more goes into VBS than these positions. If you’d like to help out in a different way, we’d love to have you!